We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, diverse, and interested candidates to join our steering committee! According to our bylaws, the steering committee must be majority people of color, but people of all backgrounds are welcome to apply.
The main responsibilities of the steering committee are:
- With membership, setting priorities and goals that align with NFC’s mission and values
- Furthering the work of the collective through visioning and re-evaluating based on our mission and values
- Developing processes that reflect our mission and values
- Recruiting and mobilizing a diverse membership and leadership
- Liaising with other local social justice partner groups and
- Being accountable and transparent to our members
In order to join the steering committee, you must become a member of NFC. Become a member here.
For more information about steering committee roles, responsibilities, and expectations see this document. The steering committee term is 1 year. We hope to build a sustainable organization where members and leaders are nourished and affirmed, not drained and burned out.
(We have only just started signing up members for the first time this month, so the requirement that you must be a member for 1 year does not apply for this election.)
If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else as a leader of the NFC, please submit your contact information using this Google form. We highly encourage self-nominations by interested individuals.
*Nominations will be accepted until November 14th, 2016.*
Please direct any questions you might have to email@example.com.